Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary

I tend to use a bullet point paragraph style to capture my thoughts about the story. It’s kind of a summary in order to jog my memory, but it is also serves as reminders to my thoughts and feelings about certain passages and portions of the stories. My main strategy is to jog my memory by the use of emotion – especially how I felt about a certain character, plot, or another element of the story. I don’t usually include images, but I think that it might be a good idea to post something I associate with that particular portion of the passage. They tend to be the same length, but sometimes it varies depending on how much I enjoyed the story. I think they are adequate and sufficient / they capture what I feel needs to be captured. I just recently started quoting certain portions of the passage in order help convey their meanings to me. I wish I would have done that from the beginning, and I will continue to do it for the remainder of my diaries. I also don’t usually make connections to other stories or movies or things like that but I think I’m going to start doing so in order to jog my memory about that portion of what I’m feeling.
My main goal is to capture my emotions and reactions from what I’ve most recently read. That is how I remember the story and plot and characters the best – I love seeing how they make me feel and how they have an impact on me.

Overall, I think that I do a good job on the reading dairies – mostly because I don’t really have a problem remembering the stories. I feel like I’ve done a good job because it fills in the holes that I forget, but it isn’t completely necessary to my development of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment