Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1 Course Overview: Indian Epics



I chose to take this class because of my wonderful experience with mythology and folklore last semester. Although I think I’m partial to the fairytales told in that class, I’m really excited to take a deeper look into the Indian Epics – something I have very little experience with. The video Sita Sings the Blues was intriguing. She starts out listening to some 20th century jazz, but then the music player explodes into an acid-trip dream. I definitely won’t be snoozing on this class – it’s way too upbeat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Skyler! I sent you a couple of emails about this, just trying to make sure you know that this was the MYTH-FOLKLORE overview (you can see how different the class is this year compared to last year!), but for this class, the reading is the Ramayana and Mahabharata books listed here:
    Indian Epics books
    I hope you got my emails about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete