Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: Favorite Storybooks

Storybook 1: Dharma News Weekly



I really like the introduction to this particular post. I think a “Letter from the Editor” is a brilliant way to introduce a storybook. It’s something I think I’d consider for my next project, but I guess we’ll have to see! A periodical is a perfect example of a great storybook foundation, and to be honest, I wish I would have thought of it first! Also, I love the way the Editor in Chief, Yama Deva, signed off. He said, "When following The Truth, follow Dharma News Weekly!" If only there was a news source that offered primarily truth! It would make the world a better, more transparent place. I think a lot of problems would be solved if the media were more truthful.

Storybook 2: Indian Tales as Told by Squirrel


I chose this story because of the author. He is a friend of mine, although he graduated a few years back. What are the chances that the random story button would land on his! First off, I love the idea of taking stories from Oklahoma's history. Some of the stories even pre-date Oklahoma, which I think is a really cool thought. It's a funny theme to have a squirrel tell the story - especially one that is a Sooner. I also think it's funny that the author gave the squirrel an Indian accent. The story is quite funny. It is also quite simple, and I find that attractive to a story of this nature. 

Storybook 3: Blogging for Bad Boys


Even the introduction is kind of cool. It reads, "A Blogging Community for the Expressively Dark." I'm in a class called History and Memory, and we're learning about how humans memorialize death. It's quite interesting, but it has made ponder the concept of death and darkness a lot more. That's why I chose this story. When I got to the page, I immediately noticed the organization of stories. I appreciated the alliteration: Ravishing Ravana, Dilligent Duryodhona, and Karna Karma

No comments:

Post a Comment