Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

This week I think some of my best writing came in the form of the introduction to the storybook. I love writing about things that I get to choose to write about (a rarity in college). When I find something interesting, and I think most people would agree with me, it is easier to write about it. If I am interested in a topic, I will learn more about something. This is because if I’m interested in something, I will pay more attention to it. If I pay more attention to it, I will remember more about it. When I remember more about it, I will provide a more depth analysis or more creativity within the topic because of my interest in it. It’s a simple thought, but I thought I’d expand on it. We love to write what we want to write about.
The best thing that I’ve read comes in the form of a book called The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. He is the pastor of the church I attended last summer in Washington, DC. As the past of National Community Church, Mark Batterson has experienced a lot of things, especially in relationship to prayer. If you’re a religious person or looking to grow more in your faith, I would really suggest this book. It really changed my prayer life that changed my life in general. The book is bold, adventurous, and quite interesting. Also, it’s pretty cool to read a book written by someone you’ve seen in person or by someone you’ve heard speak.
I’m looking forward to writing more in this class over the next few weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed Mythology & Folklore’s storybook, and I’m looking forward to the creation of another one. I hope that this one is as fun to make as the last!



Image Information: The Circle Maker, by Mark Batterson




Here's a link to purchase the book: The Circle Maker

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you Skyler! When you're able to write about things that you WANT to write about, it all becomes so much easier and so much more interesting. I personally suck at creative writing and I think that my best writing this week was also my Introduction. At first I was hesitant about this class and all this writing and Storybook stuff, but I think that as the weeks have been going by, it's gotten a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post makes perfect sense. I can't remember the last time that I've gotten the chance to write about something that I've CHOSEN to write about. Writing in the storybook is much easier than I thought it would be, solely because I don't have many restrictions on what content I need to add, because I chose what topic I wanted to focus on. I went through and read so many interesting introductions I think that many other people would agree with what you said in this post! Great job.

    ReplyDelete